Created: 24 January 2017
FREE PAPER PRESENTERS NEED TO BE REGISTERED AS A DELEGATE OF NASSISMISS 2019
Please kindly pay attention to following guidelines
1. Important Guidelines
- There are two types of presentation: e-poster and oral (podium) presentation. Please select one of them. Please indicate your choice in the top corner of your abstract: Oral Presentation or Poster
- Committee will decide on the final presentation type (oral presentation or e-poster)
- The abstracts should be within 300 words (maximum half A-4 size page) and the entire submission must fit on a single page.
- Please Note: graphs / tables / images should not to be included in the abstract.
- Abstracts should be prepared in Microsoft Word Arial, 12 point with single line spacing, typeface, with the title in boldface.
- It is the author's responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- The abstract should have a short, specific title (containing no abbreviations) that indicates the nature of the investigation. Title should be in boldface font. The title should not exceed 20 words in UPPER CASE only.
2. How to name and send the abstract
- File name format for Oral Presentation: Presenter name-abstract name-Oral
- File name format for poster: Presenter name-abstract name poster
- For online submission of abstract and for guidelines please log on to www.nassismiss.com/abstract/upload_abstract.php
- Last date for submission of abstract is June 27th, 2019
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts submitted will be sent by e-mail at the latest by June 27th, 2019
3. Abstract Guidelines (300 words or half page of A4 size page)
- Background/Rationale: Indicate the purpose and objective of the research, the hypothesis that was tested or a description of the problem being analyzed or evaluated.
- Methods: Describe the setting/location for the study, study design, study population, data collection and methods of analysis used.
- Results: Present as clearly and detailed as possible the findings/outcome of the study, with specific results in summarized form. Inclusion of gender breakdown of data is strongly encouraged.
- Findings or Conclusion: briefly discuss the data and main outcome of the study. Do not begin sentences with numerals. Standard abbreviations may be used without definition.
4. Instructions for the preparation of oral presentations
When combining video films with PowerPoint for oral presentation, please note the following points:
- Please note that the conference computers in the session halls are being supplied with Windows 7 and Office 2013.
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Use a common movie format, such as MP4 and WMV (MOV files from QuickTime will not be Visible on a PowerPoint based Windows).
- Presenter cannot use his or her own laptop
- Please submit the presentation file at Slide Counter at the latest 3 hours before presentation time
- Equipment Supplied: LCD Projector hooked up to a desktop or laptop, laser pointer
- Please note that the conference desktop or laptop are being supplied with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2013.
- Bring your presentation on USB jump/flash drive or CD.
5. Instructions For The Preparation Of E-Poster
- Use either Times New Roman font or Arial Font, suggestion at least 24 font size
- Please save the E-poster in high quality image format JPG (1024pixel) with Portrait position
- Pictures and graphics should be of good quality (high resolution)
- E-poster should not contain any video clips/animation files.
- Please submit your E-poster at E-poster online submission or counter located near the E-poster display one day before your display schedule
- E-poster will telecast from 8AM- 5PM on 15th – 16th Sept
- E-poster will be shown using 42inch LCD TV